Job Vacancy – Document Controller
As Document Controller you will be involved in all stages of the project.
The role is based in our Dunfermline facility and will involve:
• Setting up generic electronic project folders.
• Building strong relationships with Main Contractor Document Controllers.
• Adapting file templates to be project specific and filing/distributing as required.
• Checking all (pdf) drawing filenames, descriptions & revisions submitted by design for compliance with both main contractor & Avtek protocols.
• Advise Design of any required changes prior to uploading on main contractor portals.
• Maintain MS Excel records of uploads and status assigned for each drawing.
• Maintain electronic and/or paper copies of both latest & superseded revisions of all project drawings.
• Advise Design of assigned status and download & distribute commented drawings.
• Assist the team with compilation of ad hoc reports and other documentation, as required.
You will be:
• Methodical and structured in your approach to tasks with strong organisational skills.
• Competent user of Microsoft software, especially Excel & Word or keen to learn more.
• Comfortable using/learning BIM portal packages such as BIM360, Viewpoint for Projects, ASITE, Aconex & Business Collaborator. Previous experience is not necessary as full training will be provided.
• Willing to refine and improve working practice & processes.
• Approachable and keen to assist while also comfortable advising others of necessary amendments to their work.
• Enthusiastic about record keeping and process adherence.
• Able to apply yourself to repetitive activities while maintaining attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and driven to meet deadlines.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to :